August 8, 2017
Making the switch from Salesforce Classic to Salesforce Lightning can make a big difference in how you run your business. With an updated, intuitive UI that provides more precise customer insights–coupled with AI–salespeople can sell faster than ever, service agents can access the right information to take next best action, and marketers are empowered to create streamlined and personalized customer experiences.
Lightning can be transformative to every area of a company’s business, but it’s important to know what to expect within your own business before making the transition to Lightning and how to plan accordingly. And remember, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.
Here are four strategies for a successful transition to Lightning:
- Acquisition–Do you need capabilities that discover data patterns and intelligently score and prioritize the leads most likely to convert?
- Expansion–Should you prioritize improvements to features your teams use daily, to increase employee engagement and productivity for your business?
- Retention–Is an intuitive, modernized experience needed to drive employee adoption and customer value?
- Cost Reduction–Do your users need better access to the right information to make smarter, faster decisions?
Leading organizations are the ones that get ahead of the innovation curve earlier, but don’t mistake faster for strategic. Mapping out your Lightning migration barriers ahead of time, to decide which areas to tackle and bolster during the implementation phase, will help you gain the greatest return on your Lightning innovation.
- Are you having difficulty staying current on new Salesforce functionality?
- Do you understand why or why not to transition to Lightning?
- Who are the key stakeholders for this Lightning transition, and what type of visibility do they require?
- Have you done an audit of customizations prior to transition?
- Will you need ongoing management and training of this new UI?
Tackling a thorough evaluation and migration of Lightning compatible components alone can be complex and overwhelming. Bluewolf’s newest service offering, Bluewolf Begin for Salesforce Lightning, is a purpose-built diagnostic that identifies your organization’s ideal path to implement Lightning, including:
- A deep examination of out-of-the-box Salesforce functionality and customizations
- An assessment of your existing Salesforce modules that are not yet Lightning compatible
- An actionable implementation roadmap, including research, recommendations, scope, timeline, and training for Lightning features
Salesforce encompasses a tremendous amount of functionality that will take the time to make all of it Lightning compatible. Approach your Lightning rollout in phases, rolling out initial changes to a group of “pilot” users or a subset of end users. With Bluewolf’s own Lightning transition, in less than four months, we went from prototype to launch to a pilot group of more than 100 salespeople. Custom profiles and permissions can be used to grant access in a tighter focus group, and the rollout strategy can then be fine tuned based on those users’ experience and feedback, and your engagement with your users.
Interested in driving your Lightning transition forward? Watch our on-demand webcast, “Transitioning to Salesforce Lightning is Easy With The Right Approach”, to learn about Bluewolf’s Lightning transition, major pain points to look out for, and how to overcome them.